Due Date: March 25, 2019
Are you an NGO leader based in Africa? The NGO Management Shift Fellowship Program (LTFP) In Afric a 2019 is open for applications. ARNOVA and AROCSA, in collaboration with the Ford Structure, have actually developed the Fellowship Program for senior civil society/NGO leaders who are pondering or have actually chosen to carry on from their existing NGO. This program looks for to assist that leader establish a succession strategy within the company, ponder an individual shift strategy and likewise protect their understanding and experience.
The goals of the LTFP in Africa are to:
- Add to the procedure of developing a helpful facilities for management shift within the NGO motion in Africa
- Promote the development of management areas for the next generation of leaders in African civil society to grow and aim
- Increase the paperwork of management experiences/reflections and renewal procedures within civil society in Africa
This program will begin September 1, 2019 and end on November 30, 2019
- Management Succession Preparation Retreats: ARNOVA will arrange a two-day retreat in the United States in September to make it possible for much better understanding of the following: 1) each fellow’s shift requires; 2) what phase they and their companies are, in believing and preparing for their shift; and 3) arrangement on timing and output of the fellowship. The retreat would likewise make it possible for development of peer discovering and mentoring neighborhood within each LTFP friend that will allow them to support one another through hard times in their shift strategy. The program will end with AROCSA arranging a three-day retreat in Africa to record lessons discovered, strategy next actions and get in touch with scholastic organizations in Africa.
- Semester-long fellowship positionings at Indiana University Lilly Household School of Philanthropy and School of Public and Environmental Affairs in Indianapolis, Indiana, which will function as host organizations. Fellows will be appointed a professors coach at the host university to help research study, publication and networking.
- Regional report-back workshop: At the end of the fellowship program and after going back to their nations, AROCSA and ARNOVA arrange a feedback and experience-sharing workshop, where all the fellows will be welcomed to provide their discovering experiences in panels and take concerns from an intergenerational and cross-sector audience making up leaders in the social sector
- Mentorship: For a year after the fellowship, the Fellow will dedicate to embracing a mentee, or serve a CSO in an advisory capability so that there is transfer of understanding and arrangement of assistance. This structured mentorship program can be used to an existing mentorship relationship or CSO advisory function
- Stipend: $9,000 covering living assistance for the 3 months throughout the fall term at a United States university
- Real estate: one single supplied bed room in a 4-bedroom apartment or condo shown 3 other fellows for 3 months in Indianapolis
- Medical insurance through Indiana University for 3 months in Indianapolis
- SEVIS charge
- Economy class return ticket from house nation to the United States for the term at Indiana University in Indianapolis
- As Much As $1000 travel funds to go to the AROCSA conference in July 2020 and closing retreat
- Expenses associated with going to the opening retreat in the program
- Expenses associated with going to the 2019 ARNOVA North American yearly conference
- Executive Director of an NGO in Africa, and from Africa that is looking for to shift far from their NGO in the next 2-3 years
- Approval from the board to take a sabbatical from work from September– November 2019
- Qualified to get a J1 visa to the United States. As soon as a deal is made, involvement might not be delayed
- Medical physical fitness accredited by competent medical physician
* If you understand somebody that would fit the eligibility profile and would make an exceptional prospect for this position, please send your election and contact info to the AROCSA Organizer, Anastesia Okaomee at [email protected], and we will offer them with an application.
Candidates are needed to make an application for the Fellowship through the electronic application listed below. Applications need to consist of the following:
- Finished electronic application
- Copy of existing passport (if you have a requirement or concerns relating to kids under the age of 18 or dependant/spouse, please call the AROCSA Organizer, Anastesia Okaomee at [email protected] As soon as chosen, existing passports for authorized extra visitors would be required right away for prompt visa processing)
- 2 recommendation letters (consisting of one from the NGO Board Chair showing that the board knows and authorizes of the candidate’s involvement in the fellowship)
- A 3-5 page (double area, 12 pt typeface with one inch margins) individual declaration that consists of, however not restricted to, the factor for taking part in the fellowship and prepared for fellowship goals that the candidate looks for to accomplish
* If chosen, you will be needed to finish and record an extensive evaluation of your health status. To see the medical type and acquaint yourself with needed medical checkups, please click here
For additional information, check out LTFP in Africa