Due Date: December 6, 2019
Applications are welcomed for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Composing Competitors 2019 The International Committee of the Red Cross is happy to arrange for the 3rd time a composing competitors in Arabic to engage the Arabic speaking scholars on appropriate IHL conversations and to offer a scholastic platform for legal disputes.
The year 2019 marks the 70 th anniversary of the 4 Geneva Conventions (GCs) of1949 Today, the universally-ratified GCs represents among the best accomplishments of inter-state cooperation. Through the 4 GCs, securities are attended to injured and ill soldiers/civilians on land and at sea, detainees of war and civilians. In addition, a significant accomplishment in 1949 was the addition of typical Short article 3 to all 4 Conventions, which supplies defense to the victims of disputes of a non-international character.
The short article might deal with among the following subjects:
- An introduction of the 4 GCs: Have they end up being obsoleted?
- The relevance/sufficiency of typical Short article 3 to control non-international armed disputes
- How and why are non-state armed groups to participate in and be bound by the IHL
- The success and/or failures of the GCs to humanize modern armed disputes
- The efficiency of the GCs Application systems
- The modern obstacles dealing with GCs in today wars
The ICRC has the honor to provide 3 levels of awards:
- The Top place winner will get a certificate and 1500 USD. In addition, the short article will be thought about for publication by the ICRC.
- The 2nd location winner will get Certificate and 1000 USD
- The 3rd location winner will get Certificate and 750 USD
- Open to scholars in all Arab speaking states
- The short article must be composed in Arabic
Preparation of Manuscripts
- Manuscripts must be sent in Word format in 12 pt Times New Roman typeface with 1.5 line spacing (consisting of for the footnotes).
- Length: Manuscripts sent must be around 10,000 words, footnotes consisted of.
- Abstract: All manuscripts must be accompanied by a brief abstract (less than 100 words) summing up the primary content/argument of the short article.
- Keywords: A couple of keywords must be recognized for simple web search and referencing
- CV: All manuscripts must be accompanied by a brief bio (a couple of sentences per author) explaining the existing function/affiliation of the author.
- Highlighting: No highlighting (vibrant, italics, highlighted) must be utilized within the text body, other than for italics for foreign language terms: e.g. a limine. Foreign companies must not be embeded in italics.
- Headings: Please do not utilize more than 3 various levels of headings
- Web Referrals: For referrals readily available on the web please show “readily available at:” followed by the complete site link. The very first web recommendation must show the date of the last go to for all subsequent referrals. Example: …, readily available at: www.icrc.org/eng/resources/international-review/index.jsp (all web referrals were accessed in March 2014).
The editorial essentials
- Guidelines of punctuation typical in the majority of the Arabic nations need to be appreciated.
- Dates: Utilize the list below design: 1 February 1989.
- Characters: They utilize Arabic numbers not Hindi. Characters listed below 100 must be defined, other than for ages, which must constantly been given up digits.
Candidates are asked for to send their short article to [email protected]
To find out more, go to ICRC