Due Date: December 31, 2018
The fourth application of IRDR Young Researchers Program now opens for application. IRDR promotes capability structure of young experts, and motivate them to carry out ingenious and requires based research study that makes science-policy and science-practice linkages more powerful. IRDR young researchers add to ingenious research study in the field of catastrophe threat decrease and take part in conferences and/or social networks as the ambassador of IRDR.
The Sendai Structure for Catastrophe Threat Decrease (SFDRR) requires boosted function of science and innovation for proof based decision-making. It likewise advises the requirement for development and collaboration, which is connected to practice and varied stakeholders. IRDR, with its required for incorporated and trans-disciplinary research study, want to promote capability structure of young experts, and motivate them to carry out ingenious and requires based research study that makes science-policy and science-practice linkages more powerful.
- Boost awareness amongst young researchers about Sendai Structure application and offer chances for additional engagement through the Young Researchers Program on DRR.
- Look at existing research study understanding on DRR and recognize research study spaces and concerns in relation to the Sendai Structure Top Priorities for Action
- Identify chances to money ongoing multi-disciplinary research study by young researchers and early profession scientists
- Offer technical assistance to appealing young scientists in DRR fields
- Build and foster strong and vibrant networks amongst around the world professionals and organizations in DRR fields
- Establish, in time, a neighborhood of premium young experts that can offer assistance for policy making choices associated with DRR
Obligation of IRDR Young Researchers
- Add to ingenious research study in the field of catastrophe threat decrease
- Be the ambassador of IRDR in various conferences and/or social networks
- Establish and add to networking of young experts
- Send a 6-month report of activities in the recommended format of IRDR
- Acknowledge the contribution of IRDR in the scholastic paper, thesis and so on
PhD trainees, Post-Doctors, and young professors under 40 years of ages are welcome to sign up with IRDR household!
To be an IRDR Young Researcher, following are the needed requirements:
- Age: Less than 40 years on the date of application
- Citizenship: There is no bar on citizenship
- Association: The prospect requires to be associated with a scholastic program (either master or doctorate) either as a trainee or as a young professors.
- Research study topic: The topic of research study requires to be associated with catastrophe threat decrease and its link to wider environment and advancement concerns.
- Recommendation: need to be backed by scholastic manager (for trainee) or head of the department/ graduate school (for the young professors).
- Period: Minimum 1 year, and optimum 3 years. The candidate can make their option, and the decision will be made by IRDR.
The candidates must send the list below products:
- Application( Young Researchers Program Application)
- In-depth RÃ©sumÃ©
- In-depth Research Study Strategy (10 pages Optimum)
- Recommendation/Endorsement Letter from the Manager/ the Chief of Association
- Copy of Student/Faculty ID Card
The candidates must send the products to [email protected] prior to Dec 31, 2018
There will be a choice procedure based upon the eligibility requirements, and when lastly picked by the choice committee of the program, the candidate would get a notice.
For additional information, check out IRDR Young Researchers Program